The SierrasThe SierrasRedwood Trading Post LogoThe SierrasThe Sierras
line
WelcomeRedwood Trading Post
line
dot
dotRedwood Trading Post
1305 El Camino Real
Redwood City, CA 94063
Need Directions?

Mon-Wed & Fri 9:30-6
Thurs 9:30-7
Sat-Sun 10:00-6:00
Tel (650) 363-2033
Fax (650) 363-2056
rtp@redwoodtradingpost.com
dot

SpaceOur History:
dot
dot
1973Redwood Trading Post had its birth in a Quonset hut down at Five Points. Located on Main Street Redwood City, California, in 1952 the store was known as Redwood Surplus. Joseph Weber purchased the business in 1964 and worked very hard to develop a reliable source for specialty outdoor gear. The business moved to its current location at 1305 El Camino Real in 1974. The building was shared with Midas Muffler until 1984, when they moved out. At that time Redwood Trading Post expanded to occupy the entire building. The Webers are a do it yourself family.

Busy Workmen Along with a little outside help they managed to renovate and outfit the expanded location. What a task that was! There were walls to be torn down, shelves to be built, lighting to be wired, racks to be designed, and fixtures to be painted. Piece by piece the store you see today was put together. Even today you can feel the old car lift in the floor left over from the muffler shop. In 1988 the offices formerly being used by the California Youth Authority on Wilson Street became the storage facility for Redwood Trading Post.

Weber BoysOver the years his three sons, Larry, Randy, and Ron joined Joseph. Redwood Trading Post is a true family business. By 1982 the three Weber brothers shared joint ownership of the business. For many years it was run by the three brothers while father Joe kept the books and mother Tessie headed the cash registers. Not many businesses still open after this many years can claim such a rich nurturing history. In 2003 Joe finally realized he had much more interesting things to do and completely turned Redwood Trading Post over to the care of his sons.

Joe and Staff